Considering June is pretty much the epitome of summer, it’s been such a rainy month. I’m a little disappointed I couldn’t get my tan on (okay, I lie, I just burn…), but I’ve honestly been too busy to even think about doing anything in the hypothetical sun! It kind of worked out for the best though – the closest I’ve had to a weather related disaster is my daily trip to the bus stop on my way home from work. Will I get caught in the rain? Is that a storm? Hail?
Anyway, enough about the weather. June’s been okay! It started off brilliantly but got worse and worse before crashing to an absolute monster of a day today. I’m definitely glad to see the back of this month, that’s for sure. July is bringing me lots of exciting things to do (including local holidays, graduation, birthdays) so I’m going to put this month behind me and just carry on!
On the bright(er) side, my blog picked up a lot this month. The first half of the year was a bit tough for me, and my blog definitely suffered but I feel like that’s finally taking a back seat. I’m loving the interaction that I get from you guys – I really hope you know how much your likes, comments and love means to me. It makes this blog so much more special.
So, what did I get up to in June? (If you missed last month’s monthly catch-up, you can find it here):
PERSONAL ACHIEVEMENTS AND MEMORABLE MOMENTS:
- Me and Matt had a lovely day out with my parents at the beginning of June. We went to the seaside for patty and chips and then went for an amazing ice-cream at Mr Moos.
- I upgraded my mobile phone! I’m now the happy owner of a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and it’s amazing.
- I had my first ever blood test and I was super brave. Seriously, I’m still super proud about that.
- Me, Matt and his family went up to Keswick in the Lake District. On the 1st anniversary of his dad’s sudden death, we spread his ashes in one of his favourite spots.
- Britain voted to leave the EU. What a horrible, horrible day that was. Honestly, I’m nervous as fuck about the future.
- Matt got his results from university, and will be graduation with a 2:1! I’m so proud. He called his graduation robes a “dress” last week and properly made me giggle.
- Me and Matt started watching Love Island – we both loved last year’s series so we thought we’d give it another go. We missed an episode a few weeks ago and never managed to catch-up though… oops.
- I’m still loving Call of Duty: Black Ops 3. I don’t see that changing any time soon!
- Me and Matt started and finished the new season of Orange Is The New Black this month. It was a fantastic season, way better than season 3. I’m overly looking forward to the next season though because they left it on an insane cliffhanger!
- I read two absolutely amazing books this month: The Sense of an Ending by Julian Barnes and The Girl With All The Gifts by M.R Carey.
- Game of Thrones finale. Seriously. Wow. The two final episodes are, without a doubt, two of the best episodes of television I’ve ever watched. Incredible.
- I shared what’s in my bag with my new LYDC handbag
- I shared 10 Random Acts of Kindness
- I reviewed The Sense of an Ending by Julian Barnes
- I made a pair of golden photograph holders and shared a DIY
- I reviewed Lush’s Lava Lamp bath bomb
- I had a blood test and was proud about how brave I was
- I shared 20 famous books that I haven’t read yet
- I spent the day in Keswick and shared my day in photos
- I splurged on a giant Lush haul
- I put together a list of my favourite iconic film posters
- I shared a positive quote and a piece of gorgeous watercolour art
- I had a bit of a catch-up in my “Currently, I Am…” feature
- I bought a couple of dot-to-dot books
- I reviewed The Girl With All The Gifts by M.R Carey
- I shared my latest hairdo with you! I now have dark brown hair
I’ve loved so many of this month’s posts! What a great month for my blog.
How was June for you? What was your favourite moment?
You can read my previous post here.
Photographs are my own. © Morgan Mills