Bye bye, May! What a lovely month. The weather wasn’t spectacularly sunny towards the end but I’ve made lots of plans for the coming months and I’m enjoying the current atmosphere at work. That alone is a pretty good reason to be happy, and I just feel as if I’ve finally got over that (gigantic and daunting) bump in the road that left me completely bummed out for the first half of the year.
How has your month been? Have you made any plans for summer yet? I don’t have a summer break this year so finding time for a holiday is going to be practically impossible. Instead, I’m using my limited remaining holiday days to stretch out a couple of long weekends throughout July and August. Like last year, me and Matt are planning on ‘road tripping’ around the country – I say road tripping, but we don’t actually drive so it’s more like bus tripping… Good fun either way!
It’s time for my monthly wrap-up. (If you missed last month’s, you can find it here):
PERSONAL ACHIEVEMENTS AND MEMORABLE MOMENTS:
- Matthew finished university! He graduates in July so he technically hasn’t left yet but he finished all his essays and his last exam. So proud.
- Me and Matthew played squash. We had such a good time but it certainly highlighted how unfit I am.
- I finished my mandala wall art project and I’m seriously over the moon. They look great.
- Me and Matthew had a super lazy Sunday where we got ridiculously snug on the settee and watched Teen Mom for about 4 hours. It was the cutest day ever, really.
- We also had a lovely day in the park. It was kind of a picnic. We bought salads from Morrisons and took our dinner onto the grass to eat in the sun. Ah, lovely.
- I went to a board game cafe (so fun!)
- I made a beautiful but lethal gin cocktail. I’m pretty incredible at making cocktails, not going to lie.
- Me and my mum have a night away in a countryside hall booked for early July. We’re both so excited!
- Jon Snow lives. In the second episode of Game of Thrones season 6, he finally woke up. Thank the Game of Thrones gods! It was spectacular and I broke my settee with excitement.
- I watched a few films this month including: Chicago, Wreck-It Ralph, Mean Girls, Love Rosie and Captain America: Civil War.
- I started playing The Elder Scrolls Online and it’s incredible. I love the Elder Scrolls games, especially Skyrim, so it was a no brainer that I’d enjoy it but I didn’t realise I’d enjoy it this much!
- A couple of weeks ago, me and Matthew had the urge to play Minecraft again. We spent around 2 and a half hours trying to find a server that we enjoyed and failed. Oops.
- I’ve started reading again! I only picked up a book in the later half of May so I didn’t read many. I read Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland and The Sense of an Ending (which is incredible. Keep your eyes peeled for my review!)
- I felt guilty about my lack of recent posts so sent out an apology
- I shared my favourite (before bedtime) Lush hand care routine
- I shared my “super six” happy things of the week
- I talked about problems that glasses wearers can relate to!
- I posted about my mandala wall art project with pictures of the finished pieces
- I had a super weird dream about pigeons, Stephen Mulhern and a shotgun
- I reviewed a beautiful Lush bubble bar called Sunflower
- I shared my 5 tips for a better (and less cranky) morning
- I reviewed Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
- I shared what I’ve been currently getting on with in my “Currently, I Am” feature
- I wrote a Game of Thrones tag post and shared theories and hopes for the future seasons
- I reviewed Lush’s Yoga Bomb bath bomb
- I shared 8 female-led movies that I’m excited about in 2016
It started off slow, but I think I posted some lovely stuff this month!
How was May for you? Did you get up to anything good?
You can read my previous post here.