If I could describe my character with only three traits, cat lady would definitely be one of them. Although I love all animals, cats are just my favourite.
I can’t walk past a cat on the street without stopping to say hi. When it rains, my little heart aches for the strays (and unloved pets) that are stuck outside. Don’t even get me started on how often my own fur babies are on my mind – constantly. I don’t easily settle anyway (I’m a giant worrier) so having two babies to look after is just intense. They are my children. I can’t love anything more than I love them.
If you haven’t stopped by before, I have two precious girls called Ivy and Harley. I’ve never seen cats with such personalities and sassiness. Clearly, they take after me. They’re both huge soppy divas who’d do anything for a big cuddle. I’m a very lucky cat mum!
So, because it’s my lovely blog and I adore my lovely cats, today’s Saturday’s Super Six is dedicated to them. It also gives me the chance to share some beautiful pictures of my girls. Win, win.
As always, I hope you enjoy!
Here are my super six facts about cats:
1. The pattern of ridges on a cat’s nose is as unique as a human fingerprint.
2. Pope Innocent VIII, in the 15th century, believed cats were demonic and ordered them to be incinerated (mean!).
3. Cats can’t see directly below their noses, so it’s not completely their fault when they leave that little tiny bit of food in their bowl.
4. Isaac Newton is credited with inventing the cat flap after his cat, Spithead, repeatedly opened the door and spoiled his light experiments.
5. Cats spend between 30 and 50 percent of their lives cleaning themselves!
6. The little hairs inside cat ears are called “ear furnishings”.
Do you know any weird and wonderful facts about cats?
You can read my previous post here.
Photographs are my own. © Morgan Mills.