I’ve got something a bit light-hearted for you today! Personally, I love reading facts about other people – I’m so nosey. I like thinking to myself “me, too” whenever I read something we have in common. I also thought it would be a great opportunity for you to get to know the face behind the blog a little bit more! More importantly, I love lists. You probably know that… I think I mention it in every single post.
Surprisingly, it wasn’t actually too difficult to come up with 50 random facts about myself.
Go ahead, have a nosey. I hope you find them interesting!
1. My middle name is Rose.
2. I get lots of freckles in the summer.
3. My favourite colour is green – like the colour of my logo!
4. I’ve been with my fiancé, Matt, for almost 5 years now.
5. ‘Adopting’ our first cat, Ivy, was a complete accident. She was a tiny, lost stray kitten and we saved her. We didn’t plan to have cats.
6. I’m studying computer science at university.
7. But, I’m currently on my industrial year in placement as a software engineer. It’s my third year out of four.
8. My sentimentality is one of my biggest weaknesses.
9. I love all types of dance, but I’m a bit rubbish at anything other than Lindy Hop.
10. I’m a huge bookworm.
11. I’m also such a film fanatic.
12. I rate/review every single movie I watch on IMDB.
13. My greatest passion is photography. If I could make a living out of being a photographer, I’d drop everything else in a heartbeat!
14. A teacup pig would be my favourite addition to our family.
15. I have one younger brother, called Jared.
16. Me and my brother both have pretty obscure names, because my mum chose names that wouldn’t be typically shortened.
17. I absolutely love classic rock and roll, 80’s power ballads and 80’s rock music.
18. I drink my fizzy drinks through a straw.
19. I love 1940’s and 1950’s fashion, hair, make-up and music. Lots and lots.
20. After starting a TV show, I can’t stop. Even it it’s absolutely terrible. I have to watch all the episodes before I can moan about it.
21. I’m a cat person, not a dog person.
22. I love doodling.
23. My two cats are named after comic book villains: Ivy (Poison Ivy) and Harley (Harley Quinn).
24. I love writing lists. My entire life is practically one big list.
25. I watched Game of Thrones before reading the ‘A Song of Ice and Fire’ books.
26. I’d rather live in the country than in the city. I love nature!
27. I used to have 4 pet chickens: Georgia, Billina (from Wizard of Oz), Fiddy (short for 50 Cent) and Chicken (that’s my dad’s sense of humour for you!)
28. I’m a vegetarian.
29. I used to ride horses with my mum, and it’s something I’d absolutely love to take up again.
30. I’m a bit of a (okay, a huge) craft supply hoarder.
31. I’m good at cooking and baking.
32. I’d love to completely explore the UK’s countryside. Every single nook and cranny!
33. I don’t wear skin make-up like foundation. It makes me feel a bit silly, because I didn’t grow up wearing it.
34. I don’t speak any other languages other than English. Boring!
35. I’m a tea addict. I can’t function without my morning cup of tea.
36. I hate cheese! With such a passion that even the smell makes me feel really sick.
37. But, despite that, my favourite crisps are Quavers.
38. Mornings and me don’t get on.
39. I don’t smoke.
40. My heart melts when I see cat paws or hear my cats do that little sleepy sigh.
41. I’m a natural mousey blonde.
42. My true laugh is really loud.
43. If you didn’t already guess from the amount of reviews I post, I’m in love with Lush Cosmetics products.
44. A few nights away camping sounds like the perfect little getaway to me.
45. I love organising my photographs into dated folders.
46. Dim lamps, candles and fairy lights make me feel so cosy.
47. I’m very easily frightened, like a horse or a cat on bonfire night.
48. I’d choose an atmospheric pub over a sweaty, loud and noisy nightclub any day!
49. I can’t swim and I’m too shy to take classes.
50. I started my blog back in August 2015 to secretly document my life. It didn’t stay secret for long at all!
Have you got any random facts you’d like to share?
You can read my previous post here.
Photographs are my own. © Morgan Mills.