Can you even believe we’re almost in the 4th month of 2016 already? That’s insane…
At first, it didn’t feel as if I’d done or accomplished anything significant this month, but after having a look through March’s blog posts and all the photographs I’ve got saved away, I was wrong.
Despite how quickly this year has flown by, I’m really glad we’re heading straight for summer. I haven’t had my first “beer garden” afternoon of the year yet! I’m waiting for the warmest day so far so I can go all out – no coat, shades, a bowl of chips and a beer. That sounds perfect.
Anyway, let’s get cracking! (If you missed it, here’s my monthly wrap-up from February):
Personal Achievements and Memorable Moments:
- I tried Japanese food for the first time, and it turns out it’s my favourite!
- I learnt how to play Pokémon, the card game. So. Fun.
- Matt was accepted to work at his first choice college during his PGCE year! This is such a huge deal.
- I did A LOT of crafts. Some were silly crafts, like bookmarks, and some were larger crafts to help decorate the home.
- We bought a camcorder! Matt used to have one, and we recorded our days – it didn’t matter what we were doing – and we actually built up a huge collection of memorable home movies. When Matt’s laptop died we lost them all. It broke our heats to lose all those memories, but we’re gunna start it all over again!
- Me and Matt went for a lovely walk on the marina and River Hull, on the first properly warm spring day of the year so far.
- I finally got around to watching Star Wars: The Force Awakens. It was good! I’m glad I don’t have to dodge Star Wars spoilers all over the internet anymore.
- We finished Glee, completely! 121 episodes and 6 seasons later, I ticked off a pretty easy task from my 101 Things in 1001 Days challenge.
- We also finished Season 3 of Game of Thrones in preparation for the new season in April.
- And, we also finished Seasons 6 and 7 of Supernatural (again). Clearly, it’s been a good month for TV.
- The YouTube obsession grew and my collection of subscriptions to Youtubers is huge. #ZALFIE.
- I shared my photographs from my recent trip to the beautiful Windermere
- I had a geeky Japanese night in
- I wrote about my “super six” games that I can’t wait to play
- I shared why I love spring so much
- I explained the meaning behind my blog name, “The Rose Quartz”
- I wrote about the difference between “fans” and “fangirls”
- We had a little catch-up in my “Currently, I Am…” feature
- I made the cutest Easter bunny bookmarks
- I reviewed a product from Lush’s Easter range called “Which Came First?”
- I shared my photographs from a lovely day at the park
- I bought some adorable Easter jewellery
- I made a colourful geometric cork board
- I shared the first half of my “super six” animated Disney movies
- I reviewed another product from Lush’s Easter range called “Fluffy Egg”
- I just had to… WHAT DOES THE FOX SAY?
- I shared tips on how to organise your wire drawer effectively
- I did a Lush haul post with the products I picked up from the Easter range
- I finished off my “super six” animated Disney movies post
- I wrote about why spring will improve my blog
Lots of different things were featured on my blog this month – I think it’s been a good one!
How was March for you?
You can read my previous post here.
Photographs are my own. © Morgan Mills.