Honestly, January has been a miserable month. People usually moan about the beginning of the year being a tough one, but I’ve never felt it before. I must have woke up on the wrong side of the bed on January 1st, and things just didn’t brighten up!
I’m hoping February will even things out of little, though. I guess I’m starting to feel a little better so I’d like to hope things can only get better from here. February brings Valentines Day, too, and although a lot of people moan about it being a money-grabbing waste of time, I disagree. Me and Matthew are both big romantics all the time anyway, but any excuse to be loved up is a winner for me.
One thing I didn’t manage to accomplish in January was featuring a guest writer! I’d still like to try this out, so I’ll try again in February.
Anyway, here’s January’s wrap-up and the first wrap-up for 2016. (If you missed it, here’s my December wrap-up, too):
Personal Achievements and Memorable Moments:
- I went to a board game cafe for the first time called The Boardroom.
- I did my first bit of event photography for Hull’s Assemble Fest. I’m completely anti-social and as awkward as it gets, but I managed.
- I purchased a domain name for my blog and it’s now called “The Rose Quartz”. Yey.
- I made a felt fox and a felt bird and they’re seriously the cutest things in the world.
- We finished series 1 of Glee, and loved it. The finale was awesome, and I can’t wait to start series 2.
- Me and Matt bought a Kinect for the Xbox One and now we can have a little boogie to Just Dance or climb rocks and jet-ski in our living room. The future.
- We’re currently re-watching Supernatural series 5, and also the new episodes of Supernatural series 11. You can never have enough Supernatural in your life!
- I’m in the middle of The Girl With All The Gifts, but haven’t picked it up in a while – nothing wrong with the book, I’m just lacking in concentration at the moment.
- I bought a new telephoto lens for my Canon 750D, and it’s spectacular.
- I wished you all a happy new year, and shared what I got up to on New Year’s Eve
- I shared my “super six” English Landmarks
- I had a bit of a moan about work, the commitments and a big black cloud
- I put together a list of all the fantastic films 2016 has to offer us
- I shared my social media with you
- I explained why Leslie Knope is my spirit animal
- I explained why I didn’t make New Year’s resolutions
- I shared my “super six” pieces of derelict building photography
- I shared my photographs from my day at The Deep
- I shared a list of apps that are guaranteed to boost productivity
- I reviewed a fantastic game called The Deer God
- I shared my “super six” 90’s films
- I reviewed Lush’s “Magic Wand” bubble bar
- I shared photographs from my day in Hull’s Museums Quarter
- I felt a bit happier, so explained what made me happy
- I chatted about the good and the bad on the Internet
- I reviewed a cute game about cats called Neko Atsume
- I changed my blog up and got my own domain name, “The Rose Quartz”
- I shared my “super six” YouTube channels
How was January for you?
You can read my previous post here.