Recently, I haven’t been feeling my best. I’ve been really down and unable to concentrate on absolutely anything (including my blog, sadly). Instead, all I’ve wanted to do is lay down and zone myself out of everything. My blog has suffered too. My normal daily routine, daily posts, daily commenting on others blogs etc. practically stopped completely. Sitting down and trying to make you lovely people smile with some super interesting posts was the last thing I wanted to do.
But, I’m back now! That’s not to say I’m completely back to my normal self, but I’m hoping that kind of forcing myself back into my routine will reignite whatever I lost in these last few weeks. I miss my blog. I miss you all. I feel like it’s been weeks since I spoke to you… and it kind of has!
I’d like to think I’m the sort of person that appreciates the smaller things in life, but it can’t hurt to appreciate everything a little bit more.
So, what made me smile today?
1. There was a brilliant busker outside of Waterstones playing Folsom Prison Blues by Johnny Cash.
2. I treat myself to some Lush products (again… I know, I have a problem), and I’ve finally bought some Bubblegum lip scrub that I’ve wanted to try for ages.
3. It wasn’t raining when we went into town.
4. Me and Matt went in The Works because there was a book sale, but we ended up coming out with lots of crafts goodies. Expect craft posts. I’m feeling crafty.
5. It’s nice to know you can be vegetarian and still get legless on a weekend.
6. We’re having takeaway tonight with some friends. I’m sure Cards Against Humanity will be making an appearance, and if you haven’t played it I suggest you do! (As long as you’re not easily offended)
7. I found out Holy Trinity Church is being elevated to Hull Minster in 2017.
8. My new camera lens is so impressive I could cry. I can see things through this lens that I can’t see with my (albeit useless) naked eye.
9. I slept in.
10. Matt said “when I look at you and you’re doing something cute, it feels like someone grabs my heart and squeezes it”. He’s being his perfect self, as usual.
I hope you all have a nice Saturday! Do you have any plans?