December was a busy, social and very exhausting month, but it was a time for Christmas, family, fairy lights and scented candles. Any excuse to stay indoors is a winner for me, and Christmas films and chocolates are a good enough excuse.
I guess this month’s monthly wrap up is a bit of a special one, with it being the final wrap-up of the year. Next year (that’s the first time I’ve said that!), I’m hoping to create more of a schedule for blog features, such as my Saturday’s Super Six, which will allow me to put more time and effort into my favourite weekly memes!
I’m also planning to feature other bloggers, possibly once a month, as guest writers and with it being my first full year on WordPress, I’m hoping to take suggestions from you about what you’d like to read about.
So, here is my December wrap-up! (If you missed it, here is my November wrap-up too):
Personal Achievements and Memorable Moments:
- I started working for a marketing company as a STEM Writer – that’s Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. It’s a brilliant opportunity. I love writing, so having the chance to write more and get paid for it is just fantastic!
- My blog reached 300 followers, and I was super proud of myself 🙂
- Me and Matt went to watch two shows at the theatre that we were asked to review – Sleeping Beauty, and Snow White. Both were amazing!
- I got a selection of craft books for Christmas, and now my head is buzzing with potential craft posts on my blog. Watch this space.
- The Doctor Who Christmas Special, “The Husbands of River Song”, aired and finally ended River Song’s beautiful time line.
- We finished Parks and Recreation, and I cried like a baby. I’ll miss them all!
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens came out in the cinema, but I still haven’t seen it! Shame on me. Instead, I created a list of gift ideas for Star Wars fans.
- Fallout 4 is ruining my chances of ever enjoying another game again. It’s so fucking good. How can I ever love another game?
Another great month of posts…
- I shared three inspirational quotes for the 3-day quote challenge – Amy Poehler, The 12th Doctor and Dumbledore.
- I shared some of my abstract photography work
- I explained how to make your blog feel more festive
- I shared my “super six” favourite planets from Doctor Who
- I finished my “Word Play” feature focusing on interesting examples of semantic change
- I wrote about Harley’s adorable new habit
- I apologised in my “Currently, I Am…” feature
- I wrote about my childhood, and what it was like to grow up in the 90’s
- I shared my “super six” Christmas films
- I reviewed the Sex Bomb bath bomb in my first negative Lush review
- I shared an absolutely adorable photograph of a sleepy Ivy
- I fangirled all over astronaut Tim Peake and his mission to the International Space Station
- I shared a collection of cute gifs, just because!
- I admitted to 10 very famous films that I haven’t seen (yet)
- I wrote about my last day at work before the Christmas holidays
- I shared a selection of gift ideas for Star Wars fans
- I reviewed the movie “Rise of the Guardians”
- I reviewed my reading year – books, books, books!
- I shared my family Christmas traditions
- I explained my plans for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
- I wrote a chirpy catch-up in my “Currently, I Am…” feature
- I reviewed my blog progress, best posts and my blogging goals for 2016
- I listed 5 Lush products that I’m eager to try
- I shared a brilliant series of photographs called “Legography”
- I shared my 2015 WordPress statistics, and explained why I hate entering a new year.
How was December for you?