Tonight is the night!
It’s the official Christmas lights switch on in my city tonight, and as I was walking home from work the Christmas songs were booming, the Christmas lights were twinkling and the crowds were bustling – it’s safe to say, I’m completely soaking up the Christmas atmosphere this evening. Although they’re a little bit late this year, me and Matt are putting up our Christmas decorations tonight too.
As much as I love Autumn (and I mean, I really do love Autumn), it passes by so quickly and soon the beautifully coloured leaves are brown and crumbling, the colours fade, and nature goes to sleep. Then Winter arrives, and yes it’s less beautiful, and yes it’s colder, but there are endless reasons to smile.
To celebrate, here are 20 things that make me happy during the Winter months:
- Christmas songs (I love them all)
- Fairy lights everywhere
- Big, hot meals
- Buying new Christmas pyjamas for Christmas morning
- Scented candles
- The lovely mood people are in around Christmas time
- Christmas movies
- Early nights and spending so much more time snug as a bug
- “I’m a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here”
- Lots of layered clothing and big coats to keep us warm
- Christmas snacks in bowls around the living room (is that just my family?)
- Wrapping and buying Christmas gifts
- Photographing Christmas lights, winter scenes and winter memories
- Not feeling guilty when you want to stay in, because it’s cold outside
- Fluffy socks every day
- Getting advent calenders for the cats
- Late night shopping (the atmosphere always puts me in a Christmas mood)
- My beautiful, warm, cosy flat where I can come home every evening to my gorgeous Matthew, and little fur babies ❤
I’m so excited! The Christmas atmosphere continues to build for me up until the big day, unlike most people who say that if they start to get excited this early, it’s less exciting for them when Christmas eventually arrives.
This turned out to be quite a soppy post… but Winter is lovely – I’m glad it’s starting to arrive.
What are you favourite things about the Winter months? Do you enjoy the Christmas atmosphere?