After an exhausting weekend of celebrations, eating, drinking and smiling (my cheek bones are aching so much), it’s time for a lovely easygoing award post to reignite the spark in my typing fingers.
I was nominated for the Infinity Dreams award by Millie. Millie is a fantastic blogger, and I really enjoy chatting with her. If you don’t follow her already, take a trip over to her blog and have a nosey. Thank you very much for the nomination! It feels like forever since I’ve finished an award post, so I hope you enjoy! This is quite a long award, so if you make it all the way through you’re going to learn a huge amount of random information about me!
Let’s start with the rules:
- Thank the blog that nominated you.
- Share 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions set up for you.
- Nominate 11 people and make questions for them.
Moving on, here are my 11 facts:
I wonder if I can think of 11 more facts about myself… let’s see…
- My favourite flowers are gerberas and sunflowers.
- I feel like I have my life together a lot more when my nails are painted.
- I’m currently in the middle of way too many TV shows… series 5 of Parks and Recreation, series 1 of Supernatural (again), series 9 of Doctor Who, series 1 of Glee.
- I hate ironing during the week, but it’s less evil on a weekend.
- My favourite alcoholic drink is gin.
- I hate it when people fixate on my hobbies as if they were the only element of my personality. Since my family found out that me and Matt love Doctor Who, it’s as if they think I just sit and watch it all day long with nothing else to do. I’m not a one-dimensional character, so stop treating me like one.
- I prefer cats over dogs, but I haven’t ruled out adopting a dog when we buy our first house. I’d like to trial the puppy with the cats first, otherwise the cats have to come first.
- I am currently rereading the Hunger Games Trilogy to prepare for the Mockingjay Part 2 release next week!
- I buy my cats Christmas advent calenders and Christmas presents, and I feel absolutely no shame.
- I love foot rubs, but I hate feet.
- I think baths are boring without bath bombs.
Now, onto the 11 questions set by Millie:
- What is your favourite season/time of year and why?
Autumn, because Summer is exhausting and the colours of Autumn are so beautiful (despite how quick all the pretty colours disappear).
- Were your school days really ‘the happiest years of your life’?
Definitely not – I hated school with a passion and the only fond memories I have are with my teachers. I was bullied the entire length of secondary school, and it was ridiculously dramatic.
- Does your personality/character suit your sign of the zodiac? (Even if you don’t believe in all that stuff, I’m sure you’ll know which characteristics your star sign assigns to you.)
I don’t ever check.
- Which is your preferred way of expressing yourself creatively? (Do you prefer the written word, photography, art, drama …or what?)
That’s a tough question actually, because I express myself with a bit of everything or a bit of nothing.
- Do you prefer to read an ebook or the hard copy version?
If I had all the space in the world, I’d forever buy hard copies. In fact, I can’t remember the last time I bought an ebook but my bookshelf is bursting at the seams so I have to either begin buying ebooks or buy a new bookshelf!
- What is your favourite genre in books and what do you particularly like about that genre?
I’ve been reading mostly young adult novels for about 2 years now. Before that, I read only classic novels for about 3 years. I fixate on genres quite easily. Because I’m always so busy, I need easy reads and YA books are so easy to immerse yourself into completely.
- Are you a thinker or a doer?
I’m a thinker.
- Which type of holiday/vacation do you prefer (e.g. the beach, the mountains, skiing, fishing – or any other sport – sight-seeing etc.).
Because I don’t travel a lot, it’s hard for me to say. I love sight-seeing and history, but I’d love a relaxing holiday by the sea, lakes or mountains too. I don’t mind – I just wish I could instantly teleport so I don’t have to travel!
- Are you a morning person or a night owl?
Definitely a night owl. I hate mornings with a passion.
- Coffee or tea for you – or neither?
Tea, please! Tea, forever!
- Another nice easy one to finish: do you have a favourite colour?
I love pale greens, pale blues, dark blues and pale pinks. So yes!
My questions for my nominees:
- What’s your favourite book?
- Body positivity is huge right now – do you feel comfortable in your own skin?
- What is your opinion on surname etiquette when you marry?
- Do you like cats or dogs or neither?
- If you could meet anyone from history, who would it be and why?
- Why do you enjoy blogging?
- Are there any moments in your life you wish you could redo and why?
- Plain, white or dark chocolate?
- What is your favourite quote?
- Are you a feminist?
- And to finish on a happy note, what is you happiest memory of 2015?
And finally, my nominees:
Happy Monday, lovelies!