Two weeks in to my new job, and I’ve let my award posts slip into the distance! My new job is fantastic, the company and my work peers are so easy to get along with and, apart from the very early morning starts, it doesn’t feel like a chore.
One Lovely Blog Award
- You must thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
- You must list the rules and display the award.
- You must add 7 facts about yourself.
My (Halloween and Christmas) Facts:
- I don’t normally dress up for Halloween, because that generally goes hand-in-hand with Halloween parties, and I don’t like other people’s super scary Halloween costumes. Just in case there is a clown.
- I don’t answer the door to trick or treaters, and I’ve never been trick or treating. My mum said it was glorified begging when I was growing up, so I never bothered!
- I don’t like watching scary films at Halloween, but I’m okay watching them at other times of the year.
- After Halloween and Bon Fire night, me and Matt put our Christmas decorations up on my birthday (7th November) or the closest available weekend.
- Leading on from above, this is because for as long as I can remember me and my family always did that when I lived at home, so the tradition continued with me and Matt. My mum and dad told me this was because when I was really young, I used to get upset that we had the Christmas decorations up on my brother’s birthday (which is Christmas day) and not on mine. Problem solved, put them up on mine.
- Me and Matt have two Christmas dinners. One at our house on Christmas Eve, and one at my parents house on Christmas Day.
- I love Christmas. Didn’t you guess? 😉
- Mention, link and thank the blog who nominated you.
- Answer the nominator’s 11 questions.
- I’m not nominating any others. I feel like I’m always nominating the same group of people. Time to branch our before I nominate people for awards!
- What’s your favourite game (board, console, cards, video, pc, whichever) to play?
Fable II and Skyrim. That’s a tough question, but I think I narrowed it down quite well!
- What’s your perfect breakfast?
Dippy eggs and soldiers, mmm.
- Is there a song you wish you have had written yourself? Which one?
That’s another real toughy – do I pick something that means a lot to me, or do I choose something that would have made me rich? I think if I had written a song that means so much to me now, it probably wouldn’t have meant anything to me. I wouldn’t want to ruin that. I’m going to say ‘Happy Birthday’ because everyone knows it!
- What has been your proudest personal achievement?
A very close call between the ability to save and move into our own home straight after sixth form, and how proud I am of my progress through university. In both cases, I’ve done so much more than I’d have thought I could in such a short amount of time.
- Which would you rather read books or blogs?
- What’s your favourite joke? Tell it to me.
I’m rubbish with jokes. I can’t even think of one… oops.
- What hobby would you like to pick up?
Rollerskating. I’ve promised myself for months that I’d buy some and start it as a hobby but I haven’t got around to it yet. If we’re talking dreams though, I would have loved to be a dancer but I didn’t get into it young enough and now I’m way too unfit!
- Who is your celebrity crush?
- What habit would you like to get rid off?
I pull my hair out quite a lot, I should probably stop that but I don’t even notice I’m doing it.
- Do you believe in the olive theory? Don’t know what olive theory is? Look here!
No, but it’s cute, and both me and Matt don’t like olives.
- What would you do if you could do anything you wanted?
I don’t know. I want to do so much, and I can’t just choose one. I do like the ability to never have to sleep, without sleep deprivation or mental consequences of course. There aren’t enough hours in the day, and sleep is such a waste of time.
These were fun questions, thanks again for the nominations!