I had a bit of a book splurge today; I couldn’t help myself, Waterstones is just so beautiful… So naturally I’m obliged to share this wonderful haul with you guys.
You have to take into consideration, I am years behind most avid book readers. I’ve had so many unread books on my bookshelves I just needed to make a dent into those before I started buying more recent novels. More than likely, you’ve probably read everything I bought today. Let’s see!
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell: Was this book made for me? I’ve had this on my to-read for a while now, so when I spotted it in Waterstones I just had to.
- Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews: Hadn’t heard of the book before I saw there was going to be a film released, but I rarely watch films without reading the books first, so again it was a must.
- The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman: Another one that has been on my TBR for ages, so I couldn’t resist. This has probably the best blurb of all time.
- Is It Just Me? by Miranda Hart: I started my first audio book a week or so ago and it happened to be a comedy autobiography by Amy Poehler. I loved it from the introduction, and I think I’ve found a new love! I do love Miranda, and I’m sure this is a brilliant read, so we shall see!
- Still Alice by Lisa Genova: the book and film came and went a while ago now, yet I still haven’t read the book or watched the film! The time is now.
- A Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawking: Never read it, always wanted to and now I can. Super excited about this one!
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak: I have watched the movie adaptation (bad, bad Morgan!) It was a while ago, and I only remember how good I thought it was. So, it’s finally time for me to get around to reading what is commonly perceived as a super book!
- And saving the best ’til last…You’re Never Weird on the Internet (Almost) by Felicia Day: The entire reason I went to Waterstones in the first place was to pick up the book I reserved last night! Isn’t is strange how you feel so strongly about a character who’s in so little episodes of one of your favourite shows? Charlie (played by Felicia Day) from Supernatural is one of the most bad-ass female characters that has ever graced my screen and I completely love her. That then created a little love for her, and I was so pleased to find out she’d released this! This is my next read, starting after this post!
So it’s pretty simple, my September TBR is to finish all of these books before September 30th! Pretty demanding considering I start a new job in 3 weeks.
Thanks for reading!